Welcome to the blog!
I thought I would start this recipe series with a delicious summer salad. Eating seasonally is beneficial for many reasons. Not only will the ingredients taste more flavorful, but you will receive peak nutritional density from the foods you eat and reduce your carbon footprint! When we eat seasonally as a community, we benefit our local farms and reduce heavy shipments outside our environment to get our fruits or vegetables. So, enjoy this delicious summer salad! Pay a visit to your local farmers market, and have fun nourishing that beautiful body of yours!
- 1 small box (5 oz) arugula
- 1 medium apple thinly sliced
- 1 large peach thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
For the vinaigrette:
6 tablespoons avocado oil
3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
Put into a container and shake well
For the Salad:
- Place arugula, sliced apples, sliced peaches, and chopped almonds into a large bowl
- If desired, add one of the following protein choices: 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken or 1 small log (4 oz) plain goat cheese crumbled
- Toss all of the ingredients
- Pour the vinaigrette on top of the ingredients and toss with clean hands or tongs